The stray cats of Old San Juan are some of the city’s most colorful and sassy inhabitants. They are everywhere by the Hotel El Convento, just south of El Morro. You can’t miss them. Be respectful, don’t feed them, and support a local organization like Save A Gato if you want to help them.
You Might Also Like
Joshua Chévere Cohen is the founder, editor-in-chief, and creative director of Josh Travels Sometimes. A writer with degrees in both English Literature and History, Cohen brings a poetic, darkly humorous, and helplessly Europhile perspective to the world of travel writing.
Josh Instagrams Sometimes
- Beat the Crowds at Rome’s Hidden Cultural Sites
- Eat Where the Locals Eat in Las Vegas
- How to Get to Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studio Tour from London (+ Photo Gallery)
- The Keats-Shelley House in Rome: Take into the Air My Quiet Breath
- Your Guide to Beating the Crowds at the Vatican Museums (and Having the Sistine Chapel to Yourself!)